West End stars Louise Dearman (Wicked), Tim Driesen (Never Forget), Gerard Carey (Masterclass) and Lucy Sinclair (We Will Rock You) are set to lead a workshop presentation of a brand new musical version of JM Barrie’s Peter Pan tomorrow.
The workshop, which will take place in front of an invited audience at the Lyric Theatre, Shaftesbury Avenue at 1pm on Thursday 28th June, will feature Dearman as Tinker Bell, Driesen as Pan, Carey as Hook and Sinclair as Wendy.
An ensemble of 35 other characters is played by a supporting cast of seven – Allyson Ava-Brown, James Ballanger, Natasha J Barnes, Matt Corner, Anthony Lawrence, Sion Lloyd and Kit Orton – working with a fast-paced, funny new script.
The workshop is directed by Christian Durham (Chicago, We Will Rock You), with movement by Lucie Pankhurst, musical direction by Dean Austin (Taboo, Zorro, Spamalot), casting by Anne Vosser and orchestrations by Tom Curran. Music, book and lyrics are by Jimmy Jewell, with additional book and lyrics by Nick Stimson.
Spellbound: Former Glinda Louise Dearman will appear as Tinker Bell
For further information about the workshop presentation, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
December 29, 2010
To celebrate the festive period, WEG has prepared a little theatre quiz for you – yes, it’s time to get your geek on. And no Googling!
1. What are the names of the three operas performed by the company in The Phantom of the Opera?
2. In Legally Blonde, name two of the reasons which make Callaghan’s legal team wonder if the witness is gay or European?
3. Which of the following was not on Broadway this year?
a) Next to Normal
b) The Scottsboro Boys
c) Little Women
d) Promises, Promises
4) What is the longest-running show currently in the West End?
5) Which show had previously held that title?
6) What do Wicked’s Louise Dearman, Spring Awakening’s Lucy May Barker and Avenue Q’s Paul Spicer have in common?
7) Which main cast member of the Les Miserables 25th Anniversary concert at the O2 was a last-minute replacement?
8 ) Which is the oldest surviving West End theatre and which show is it now home to?
9) Name the theatrical aunt of actresses Summer and Scarlett Strallen.
10) Which iconic theatre role did the mother of pop star Eliza Doolittle create?
11) Which of the following musicals has not spawned a reality TV casting show?
a) The Wizard of Oz
b) Legally Blonde
d) Mary Poppins
12) Which show did Wicked’s Alexia Khadime appear in before going green?
13) Name the two Broadway legends that Glee’s Rachel Berry thought might be her biological mother?
14) Which British TV actress went for the part of Baby in Dirty Dancing: the musical, but narrowly missed out?
15) Which of the following actresses was not considered for the lead role in the movie version of Evita, snapped up by Madonna?
a) Meryl Streep
b) Bette Midler
c) Michelle Pfeiffer
d) Olivia Newton-John
Answers to follow. Have a very geeky New Year!